Emmanuel Episcopal Parish has donated $6,000 in proceeds from its 2019 Market Day sale to Orcas Island charities.
“Market Day is an island tradition that gives to everyone,” said Emmanuel’s Rector, Berto Gándara-Perea. “Donors find use for their clutter, buyers get great stuff at low prices, and the money helps our community in many ways.”
2019 Market Day proceeds went to:
- Emmanuel’s Dinner Kitchen
- Kaleidoscope Preschool and Child Care Center
- Orcas Aviation Association Mercy Flight Program
- Orcas Community Resource Center
- Orcas Island Food Bank
- Orcas Island Park and Recreation District
- SAFE San Juans
Leftover items were distributed, too, including:
- Camp Orkila: 25 skeins of crafting paracord.
- Friends of the Library: 12 boxes of books and CDs for the August Library Fair.
- Orcas Senior Center: Paintings by Anne Pedersen and others for the center’s art auction.
Market Day, held the last Saturday of July, is a donated-goods sale organized by Emmanuel’s women’s group, the St. Agnes Guild. The St. Agnes Guild will hold a similar Holiday Fair in Emmanuel’s Parish Hall on Saturday, Nov. 9.